Even though I am a student that grew up in a very technologically advanced time, I have very little experience with technology. My most advanced piece of technology is my laptop which I do not even know how to use most of the features it comes with. I know how to use power point and other outlets that Microsoft Office comes with but that was about all I needed. I have managed to get by in my life with the little knowledge I had about technology due to the fact that I was never interested in a career that solely benefitted by advancing tech. The only things that I have come across that music really benefitted from was CD/MP3 player, YouTube, Garageband, Sibelius/Pro Tools and MusicTheory.net.
Technology Integration is taking whatever technology is easily available and positively using it in a situation that will enhance learning for students. The classroom of today is based off of a textbook based curriculum and teachers are finding ways of bring the ever evolving world of technology into their lessons. I feel that students should be learning about technology and using to their advantage but there is just too much freedom, and like the proverbial saying "you give an inch, they will take a mile", students will be checking Facebook instead of looking up an answer for class.
In my classroom for student teaching, there is a CD player, DVD player and a computer. We utilize all the available technologies and include them in our lessons to make sure the students have many different outlets to find information. If there is a questions that a student asks and no one knows the answer to there is an way to instantaneously find the answer to move the lesson along and help learning progress. However, I find myself more times than not asking students to put their phones away because they are showing other classmates pictures or texting someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment